Friday, April 25, 2014
V is for Verruca: Win Words With Friends Using these 5 Uncommon V-Words
I mention this toothpaste phenomenon because I AM that tube of toothpaste right now, but I'm not giving up the A to Z Challenge. I'm too close! Must... keep... blogging. Today (because this is seriously the best I can do) I'm listing 5 uncommon V-words you can use the next time you get in a jam while playing Words With Friends. Or Scrabble. Do people still play Scrabble? Or is that just me?
Your v-words await, blog friends! Links to Merrium Webster definitions and Scrabblefinder.com point values are below. And if you're going around using these words in your everyday speech, please leave a comment so I can give you a virtual high five for paying super-close attention in your SAT prep courses.
1. the basic monetary unit of Vanuatu
1. a wart or warty skin lesion (Um... ew.)
2. a warty elevation on a plant or animal surface
1. a square flag of the ancient Roman cavalry
2. the web or vane of a feather
1. to hold or treat as of little worth or account
2. to express a low opinion of
1. a small unfilled cavity in a lode or in rock
And there you have it. Take that, A to Z Challenge! See you tomorrow, when we'll see what's left in the old toothpaste tube for the letter W.