Tess in Boots was contracted as a result of a Twitter pitch party, for instance) and has helped me become a better writer in general.
Today, I've compiled a list of five great writing resources I found while searching the #writingtips hashtag:
1. Pixar's 22 Rules of Storytelling--Visualized - This one is especially poignant: "Trying for theme is important, but you won't see what the story is actually about until you're at the end of it. Now rewrite." (Thanks @laurenmagaziner for tweeting.)
2. 30 things every writer must do before they turn 30 - Number one made me laugh, but it's so true! Take a look. (Thanks @MarkRaganCEO for tweeting.)
3. The moral of the story is... - This is a nice piece on remembering the importance of theme in your writing. (Thanks @LiaLondon1 for tweeting.)
4. Getting to the Heart of Character Development - This author shares an interesting method for writing believable characters. (Thanks @Weifarer for tweeting.)
5. 7 Ways to Create Conflict in Your Novel - If you're plotting, this is a great resource of ideas for developing conflict. (Thanks @DeeLeone3 for tweeting.)
Happy reading (and writing)!
Follow me on Twitter here: twitter.com/CourtneyRGager
Such awesome topics! Thanks for sharing - linking up for A to Z ;)ReplyDelete
Hmm... some interesting thoughts here. I think the '30 things...' list is a little condescending myself.ReplyDelete
Thanks for stopping by, all!ReplyDelete